EG-C: The headquarters of EG-C travelled through Upper Silesia to East Galicia, and reached Lvov on July 1. EK-5 and 6 arrived there shortly afterwards and organized the infamous pogrom against the Jews of Lvov. SK-4b acted similarly in Zlotchev and Tarnopol (Juky 5). SK-4a marched through Crakow, Zamosc and Sokal to Lutsk, where it organized a large-scale murder operation between June 30 and July 2, under the guise of revenge Aktionen. On July 6, SK-4a continued on to Rovno, Novograd-Volynskii and Zhitomir, where it was joined on July 19 by the headquarters of EG-C. Divided into sections, it operated in the area to the north, west and southwest of Kiev.
On September 19, 1941, SK-4a enetered Kiev and on September 29-30, with the help of the headquarters of EG-C, it organized the infamous murder of 30,000 Jews at Babi-Yar (mentioned in reports 101 and 106). In January 1942, it carried out the murder of the Jews of Kharkov, and marched through Belgorod to Kalach in the direction of Stalingrad. After the German defeat there, it retreated through Bobruisk to Minsk, where it was dispersed.
At the same times. the headquarters of the Higher-SS and Police Leader South, with the help of units from the First SS Brigade and Police Regiment South, murdered 33,600 Jews in Kamenetz-Podolsk and Dnepropetrovsk.
Sk-4b marched through Vinnitza and Krementcug to Poltave, reached Kramatorskaya in December 1941, and Gorlovka in the Donbass region in March 1942. During the advance to the Caucasus in Autumn 1942, it was stationed in Rostov.
EK-5 made its way through Zhitomir to Berditchev and was active in the same area as SK-4a. After the occupation of Kiev, it moved there. Sections of EK-5 were sent to Zhitmir, Vinnitza and Rovno to serve as local Sipo-SD offices. Some sections of EK-5 operated east of the Dnieper River, but in January 1942 the unit dispersed and its members sent to the Sipo-SD in Kiev.
In August, EK-6 proceeded from Zlochev to Proskurov and Novo-Ukrainka, where the headquarters of EG-C was also located. In September, it was active in Krivoi-Bog, and in October in the Dnieper-Bend in the villiages of Dnepropetrovsk, Zaporoshye and Nikopol. In November 1941, it was stationed in Stalino, and by September 1942, Rostov.
The headquarters of EG-C moved to Kiev on July 25; in September 1942, it was sent to Starobelsk and in February 1943, to Poltava. In view of the immensity of the areas conquered in the East, Schongarth, the chief of the Sipo and SD in the Generalgouvernement (the part of Poland controlled directly by Berlin under the administration of Hans Frank). was ordered to create six units (Truppen). They operated in Lvov, Rava-Ruska, Lutak, Kovel, Rovno, Pinsk, Bialystok, Novogrodek, Baranovichi and Grodno.